I want to thank Zeljka from over at The Truck Traveller for nominating me for the Liebster Award. The Liebster Award 2016 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Official rules of The Liebster Award 2016 if your blog has been nominated and you have chosen to accept it, are:
- Thank the person who nominated you & post a link to their blog on your blog;
- Display the award on your blog (choose any image from HERE);
- Write 150-300 words about your favorite blog;
- Answer your nominator’s questions and create 11 questions for your own nominees to answer;
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers;
- List these rules in your post;
- Inform the bloggers you’ve nominated them for the Liebster award and provide a link to your post.
MY FAVOURITE BLOG
I don’t have a favourite blog yet. I have only *just* started being interactive on the blogosphere. I look forward to discovering many new blogs and will post an update about my favourite ones here very soon!
RESPONSES TO ZELJKA’S QUESTIONS
- Write 5 facts about you. *I have lived in eight different places over the past 25 years. *I have weird obsessions about random things like making sure my bedspread is wrinkle free at all times, even when I’m sitting on my bed or not starting a major task like studying or working at times other than the exact hour or half past. *I had never exercised at all until the beginning of this year when I started taking better care of my health. *I love experimenting with and creating extremely healthy versions of otherwise unhealthy comfort food. *I love stationery and collect pretty notebooks which I never use, lest I ruin them!
- How often do you travel and what is your favourite destination? I travel about 2-3 times a year. It is generally a mix of one long travel period and a couple of shorter trips. My favourite destination will have to be anywhere in Europe!
- What is your blog about? I write about travel, food and recipes, culture and architecture. I also post photo essays about specific things every now and then.
- Which place, resort or hotel would you recommend for a couple in Europe (adult only) and why? Barcelona, the city of Counts and more famously, the city of Gaudi. It is a great place for a couple as it offers an eclectic mix of sights, activities and exciting people that will render the holiday unforgettable.
- What is your long term goal in blogging? I want to grow my area of reach and engagement, meet more travel bloggers and transition into a deeper memoir based travel writing style.
- What book should everyone who is travelling for a long time read? I haven’t read any travel based books, only blogs and online content, I’ll have to admit. Gotta change that this year!
- Did you ever regret going on a trip? Nope! Never. Bad trips make for great stories!
- Do you have travel related goal for 2016? This year is quite busy for me, so travel wise I don’t have any big goals. I do however plan to explore the places I live in like a traveller, something that I haven’t done till now. Also, a big blogging goal is to catch my blog up with all my previous travels.
- Write an example of one of the best experiences you’ve ever had while travelling. Not the ‘best’ travel experience, but definitely one of the most memorable ones was in Italy, just outside the Vatican. There were a couple of street musicians, who upon realising we were Indian started performing a song from a Bollywood movie from the 70s with perfect lyrics in Hindi. It was such a random and ‘connect’ the dots moment.
- What is your main advice for travelling? Travel solo or with like minded people. Always! Nothing ruins a trip more than travelling with people who don’t share the same outlook and style on travel.
- Describe yourself in three words.
- What inspires you the most?
- What is your favourite place/space?
- What is the first thing you do when you go to a new place?
- What kind of traveller are you? The impulsive kind or the compulsive planner or somewhere in between?
- What is your dream job?
- Favourite comfort food/guilty pleasure food.
- What are your blogging goals for this year?
- Write an example of a travel experience that was completely outside your comfort zone but are glad you went through.
- What is your blog about?
- What advice will you give to new bloggers.
I look forward to reading your answers!